I’ve never really been a fan of Almond Joy candy bars, but Mounds? OHH YEAH!!! I looovvvveee dark chocolate and coconut! And almonds? Well, they’re ok, but I’d rather not have them on my candy bars! But if you looovvveee Almond Joy, then by all means, add some almonds and maybe even some almond extract to these babies!
See my YouTube video here.
Keto Almond Joy/Mounds Bars
Chocolate Base Layer
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond butter
- 5 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/4 cup Pyure Stevia Blend
- 1 tsp vanilla
Coconut Topping Layer
- 7 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 1/2 tbsp Pyure Stevia Blend
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Combine the base ingredients in a saucepan.
- Melt over low-medium heat, stirring well. Make sure all lumps of coconut oil have melted and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into a pie plate or square baking dish. Place in refrigerator or freezer until solid.
- Combine the topping ingredients in a saucepan.
- Melt over low-medium heat, stirring well. Make sure all lumps of coconut oil have melted.
- Pour over top of the chocolate base layer. Smooth out and flatten the coconut layer. Place in refrigerator until solid.
“Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don’t” was the old slogan for Almond Joy and Mounds candy bars. Which one do you prefer?
Purchase these ingredients from Amazon using my Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.