One of the most difficult parts of being on a ketogenic diet is not having breads. But it is possible to make some very tasty substitutes. When I first tried this recipe, it was very good, but had more onion and garlic powder than I liked, so I cut these ingredients in half in my recipe.
These are great for making a “sandwich” such as a sausage and egg breakfast sandwich. Add some avocado or guacamole to really make it special! I kept it simple with just a sausage patty. You could also cut them in half, toast them, and add butter to go along with a main dish or soup or stew.
See my YouTube video here.
Savory Keto Almond Flour Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 2 ounces cubed cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Melt the butter. Shred or cube the cheese.
- Place dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Add wet ingredients, mix well.
- Place silicone muffin pan on a baking sheet.
- Drop by tablespoon into muffing cups.
- Place baking sheet with muffing pan in oven, bake 10-13 minutes.
Order the silicone muffin pans and ingredients from Amazon using my Affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.